The semi-annual thoroughfare is here
The Lakme fashion week in association with IMG Reliance Ltd. is back with its festive-winter season fashion trends! Starting from today, the week is a fashion powerhouse showcasing designers from 12.00- 9.30 pm each day at Mumbai’s St. Regis.
Likewise previous seasons, This season blends in an array of contemporary and modern designers who manage to awe and inspire us from close to two decades of the event. From the Avant garde designers like: Monisha Jaising, AM:PM, Ritu Kumar, Abraham and Thakore to new entrants like: Good Earth, Yadvi Agarwal and Ajay Kumar Singh (to name a few) are approaching the Indian market uniquely. As a result, The designers are joining hands to sustain fashion through conscious choice. The focus however remains on handwoven fabrics from Rajasthan as well as Odisha in light of the sustainable fashion day (August 23).
And then came a Khan:
Debuting this week is famous actress, Kareena Kapoor Khan trying out her luck at making others beautiful. With a handful of dresses for the occasion, the diva has teamed up with Monisha Jaising as a showstopper for the Lakme Absolute finale.
It is also heard that Mrs. Khan will bring fashion in a curated collection to be sold by e-commerce giants. A true marketing expert, she is leaving no stone unturned for making her venture a success.
Will the diva get further success like the Kendall Jenner clan is yet to be seen.
Other highlights of Lakme fashion week:
The Lakme fashion week brings a lineup of designers with focus on providing inclusive fashion. With 90 designers and equally charming showstoppers, the fashion week has the right ingredients for success. Fart online magazine nosedives into the must watch list for the season:
- First of all, on the charts this season are traditional fabrics like Kanjeevaram and Khadi. Laden with handspun Khadi fabric, the designers have made the humble fabric into a chic trend with fresh ideas. Hence, Showcasing such collections are Gennext, Lars Anderson and Buna. These designer labels are already going high on revamping the traditional India.
- Talking of sustainable development, lifestyle major: Good Earth debuts with a handful of couture pieces to wow us. The 27 ensemble collection boasts of paintings, silver and golden gota work!
The fluid unisex fashion finds space on the fashion ramp with labels like: Anaam, pot plant and bobo Calcutta making us guess their cubist patterns and daring prints. Well we can never complain of gender insensitivity now.
- The Kota Doria will be the further choicest collection from the house of Karishma Shahani. Consequently, The nifty artisans of the region have woven cleverly, the Kota Doria as a vivid bohemian attire!
- Bidding a final a farewell to size zero fashion choices, Narendra Kumar brings in plus sizes, the day to night wear. Going on same track is label: Half full curve that brings japanese style to the curvaceous babes in utter no-nonsense attires.
- Ruling the ramp is the ever Charming yet bulky heritage silks ( yep, mommy sarees that never seem to be out of style). The Lakme fashion week hopes to restyle the trend with reversible saris (remember we are going sustainable!).
- On the other hand, Bidding an adieu to the season would be Monisha Jaising for the divas of today. Getting ready for the globe trotting experience, the collection brings muted to bold styles that are not for the regular people. Just one teaser of the collection gives us the curiosity to own one of these (sigh).
The celebrity showstoppers:
Lakme fashion week will remain incomplete without the list of A grade celebrities and their walk on the ramp.
- Shruti Hassan is gonna be the showstopper for the ‘Raas’ collection of designers Saaksha and Kinni.
- Donning similar shades willll be Aditi Rao Hydari showcasing the best dress of The Twilight zone line of the Jayanti Reddy.
- Even more, The mommy and daughter duo of Hema Malini and Esha Deol showcase collection for designer Sanjukta Gupta.
- Further, Rhea Chakraborty was spotted today on the ramp with eyes that could make you jealous. I assure you that I was left breathless by the eye fashion on day 1 for Urvashi Joneja.
- The dimpled beauty Prachi Desai is scheduled to walk for Julie Shah whereas Kalki Koechlin will sashay for Gaurav Katta.
- Likewise Jacqueline is settled to romance fashion for Ashish Soni while Kriti Kharbanda is set to represent Sweta and Priyangsu in the Lakme fashion week.
The designers to light the ramp:
- The designer duo: Abraham and Thakore are going cheeky with Cocktails and samosas! Well we are not listing the delicacies but instead on chic urban glamour!
- Antar and Agni by Ujjwala Dubey signifies a hint of rebellion in the traditional art.
- Eka lead by Rina Singh uses Kashmiri embroidery in handwoven fabrics to create essence of finer moments. With a sustainable fashion trend, the designer is working on reigning the trends for the women of today.
- Rajesh Pratap Singh uses tencel with leheriya, blocks, ikats, brocade and jamdani due to the reason that he wants to revisit the Mughal Empire Stately looks. The partial royal collection of the designer brings appreciated looks.
Finally, Kallol Datta brings for you the sphinx like riddle inspired pieces that use silhouettes to span the trend.