Every woman wants thick, long, and lustrous hair. Be it teenagers or even oldies for that matter, everyone loves their hair because of the important role it plays in defining one’s facial properties and looks. If you want a solution that is safe and effective as well for your hair growth problems, this article can help you for sure.
Hair loss problems like thinning of hair, shedding, and male pattern baldness can be upsetting and embarrassing, But all those problems can come to an end right here.
Continue reading to learn about natural hair growth remedies that you can try at home to restore stronger, healthier hair. These remedies apply to both men and women.
1. Maintain a good diet for good hair growth
Deficiencies in your diet can cause hair loss. If you’re a non-vegetarian, reducing your red meat intake has been shown to slow loss but in doing so, make sure that you get enough protein, as it is important.
Biotin is an intestinal bacterium that promotes healthy nails and hair; it is the most important nutrient when it comes to preventing hair loss. A biotin deficiency may lead to dandruff, dry scalp, and brittle hair.
A few foods that contain biotin:
- Brown rice
- Nuts and legumes, especially almonds
- Whole grains
- Oily fish like tuna and salmon
- Cheese and yogurt
Rosemary is said to be an excellent herb for your hair. It promotes better growth, strengthens the roots and also eliminates dandruff. It also helps to increase circulation to the scalp. Furthermore, it can help darken your locks as well, if that’s what you’re looking for.
- Mix two drops of rosemary essential oil with 2 tbsps of a base oil which could either be olive, coconut, jojoba, almond or avocado oil. Apply it and massage the scalp. Leave it on for at least half an hour and then shampoo your hair and rinse with luke warm water.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemons are known to be rich in vitamin C and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, folic acid, and other nutrients are also known to be loaded with antioxidants. But do keep in mind not to use lemon juice in excess, as it can lighten your locks’ color over time.
- Mix together one part lemon juice and two parts of coconut or olive oil.
- Apply it on your scalp; leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Wash it, then shampoo your head with a mild shampoo and some luke warm water.
- Repeat it once or twice a week.
4. Green Tea
The perfect solution for those used tea bags that you throw away daily is here! Green tea, as you know which is super rich in antioxidants can help you in boosting hair growth and preventing loss. Apply warm green tea over your scalp and leave it on for an hour. Wash it off with cool water and pat dry.
5. Onion Juice
The application of filtered onion juice along with yogurt and coconut oil can result in thick voluminous and shiny hair in just a few weeks time. This cheap natural remedy works well because of the sulphur content present in onion that helps to produce collagen and therefore enhances the hair quality. Repeat this remedy twice a week for effective results.